Washington State Department of Health | WSDH | The Discipline and Regulation of Health Care Professionals and their Licenses | A Lawyer’s Perspective.
From the perspective of lawyers working in the administrative legal system, the Washington Department of Health, WSDH, is simply an enormous administrative agency whose powers and duties are only limited by the authority granted to it by the legislature.
Aside from directly managing, protecting and improving the health of people in Washington State, the Washington State Department of Health:
- Oversees 26 boards, commissions and advisory committees that manage more than 75 licensed, registered, and certified health professionals.
- Regulates 7,000 healthcare facilities, organizations, and programs.
- Writes policy and law
- Investigates Complaints and administers sanctions
- Conducts Adjudicative Proceedings though Washington’s Health Adjudicative Service Unit (ASU) or has delegated such duties to a particular board, commission department or committee
- Enforce Orders via its own Legal Unit
Our legal practice focuses on the regulation and discipline of Washington state health care professions and the professionals who work in them.
This firm of lawyers is a unique blend of litigation skills, experience, knowledge and temperament. Whether we are in the role of legal counsel, ambassador, negotiator, or litigator, we have years of experience resolving complex situations with our clients’ best interests in mind. Choosing incompetent, lazy or ineffective counsel can make your legal journey a long and difficult road. This firm is founded on a service, a blue-collar work ethic, teamwork and an intense dislike of losing. Call 206-708-7852 to set up an appointment to discuss your situation.
With a successful background in law, courtrooms, wrestling, rugby and jujitsu, Robert Rhodes’s nature is well-suited for argument and litigation. Mr. Rhodes knows how to talk clearly and directly to his clients, adversaries and to the Court. His common sense, straight talk and experience put his clients immediately at ease. Mr. Rhodes does not do anything half way and you will sense this when you meet him. Read more >>